Friend of the show and Youth Pastor Jonathan Mann joins Zach & Ryan to discuss the joys and challenges of Ethnic Ministry Contexts. Lots of laughs and time for serious discussion around mental health issues, and the new Netflix series "13 Reasons".
0:00 to 12:24
- Welcome from Ryan & Zach!
- Jon Mann, authentically Chinese.
- Being a C&MA Point Person is building relationships.
- The senior pastor search struggle.
12:23 to 26:28
- The Netflix Original Series: 13 Reasons Why
- Addressing suicide: was this too much?
- Parents, discuss with kids. Youth workers, discuss with students.
- Is this glamourized? Can this lead to copy cats?
Main Segment: Jon Mann: The Joys & Challenges of Ethnic Ministry Contexts
26:29: to 58:45
- What is youth ministry like in Jon’s Chinese ministry context?
- The dynamic of students who are a part of two cultures.
- The shifts that happen between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generations.
- The similarities between missionary kids and immigrant kids.
- Building relationships at a youth leader level to aide in build cross cultural relationships.
- Find Jon on social media @jonjonmann or email him: email@example.com
58:46 to 1:01:05
- Talk to us! Send us your thoughts for SAY WHAAAAT?! Or rate us 5 stars, and then rate something completely different.
- E-mail us: Zach@notarealpastor.com || Ryan@notarealpastor.com
- Social media: @notarealpastor