James Grout talks mission, not 'missions' trips. Why is he passionate about them? What things can students learn in the midst of a service trip? We also take a look at James' new job and his company, Team Send.
0:00 to 6:10
- Welcome to episode 7 and welcome James Grout!
- James Grout…just call him Reverend.
- Chris Coakley will be with us next week!
11:34 to 19:30
- TV Show: Black Mirror
- Zach loves technology, but this made him sick.
- They take technology trends and push it to the farthest limit, each episode is different.
- “Is this the direction we’re going?”
- Zach’s love for Gilmore Girls.
- Katy Perry & her plastic bag. Whole Foods? Walmart?
Main Segment: James Grout
19:31 to 1:16:14
- James tells us is connection to youth ministry.
- The problems of short term missions trips, and how they drive what James does.
- Why missions trips awaken teens.
- “I miss my Mom. I just want a big mac.” The breakdown moments.
- Helping students be citizens of the world.
- The importance of cross cultural training.
- The vetting process for students to attend trips.
- Doing debriefs on location.
- “I stopped promising parents I would keep their kids safe.”
- The joys of fundraising.
- Team Send: crowdsourcing for short term mission trips
- Your donors aren’t donors, they’re investors.
- The youth pastor cash stash.