Ryan & Zach, left to their own devices again, decide to hit you with yet another 2017 list. As if your Facebook & Twitter feeds weren't already bristling with them. 2 words... You're welcome! Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
0:00 to 24:29
- Welcome to the podcast!
- Zach sings his mantra for 2017 for you.
- Running with the Podcast big dogs.
- We realize that Zach’s ordination is basically hanging on by a thread.
- Ryan & Zach recap their 2016 experience.
- Zach gives his weekly plug for a senior pastor.
- Write down your goals!
24:30 to 32:26
- Well…can we start with Mariah Carey?
- Have you ever had a youth event go off like Mariah Carey’s NYE performance?
- “I have been dealing with fubbing recently.”
- Fubbing: ignoring those around you when you’re engaging with your phone.
Main Segment: 7 Habits to Break in 2017
32:27 to 56:43
- Brace yourself…your cliché new year’s list is coming.
- If you’re married, don’t commit to more than 2 ministry nights out per week.
- Don’t be a starving Baker.
- Don’t say yes to everything.
- Don’t go it alone. Have life giving, real, trusting friendships.
- Don’t do everything, delegate. Pull an Elsa, let it go!
- Do “proactional” ministry.
- Don’t be rhythmically challenged.
- Bonus: if you don’t have a mentor, find one!